Next Generation Christian Leaders Scholarship
The Next Generation Christian Leaders Scholarship (NGCLS) is an annual scholarship of $5,000 that will be awarded on June 1, and is intended to encourage high-school seniors who plan to attend college, and full-time college undergraduates, who are of Slavic descent and living in North America, to pursue ministry in the former Soviet Union (FSU)/Eurasia, as well as develop new ministry initiatives in the region. Every year, we are so encouraged to see how young Christian leaders in Eurasia use the training and experience they receive through our various ministry initiatives to shine the light of Christ and transform their nations from within! We hope that the NGCLS will help Christian students in North America who are of Slavic background to do the same as they become involved in ministry efforts throughout the FSU/Eurasia.
All NGCLS applicants must either be high-school seniors who have been accepted into a full-time undergraduate degree program, or those who are currently enrolled as full-time college undergraduates. All nominees must display Christian character, leadership abilities, and achievements. In addition:
- All NGCLS winners must be active participants in a local church and/or ministry.
- All applicants must have demonstrated financial need.
- They must be able to speak Russian or Ukrainian at a conversational level.
- They must have attained at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the previous school semester period.
- Scholarships, which are available for any field of study, are made as a lump sump and paid directly to the college or university where the recipient is studying.
- Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, housing, books, and other expenses related to the student’s studies.
- All application packets must include:
- A completed NGCLS Application Form
- A letter of recommendation from the pastor of the church that the applicant attends
- A two-page essay on “The Ministry of Young Christian Leaders and the Future of Missions”
- An official transcript from their high school/college that includes their GPA
- Their most recent federal tax return as proof of financial need
- All applicants must also be interviewed by a Mission Eurasia staff person.
- All application materials must be received by our office on or before April 1, 2017. Applications received after April 1 will not be considered.
Please mail the NGCLS application packet with all required documents in one envelope to the following address: Mission Eurasia, Attn: NGCLS, P.O. Box 496, Wheaton, IL 60187. Any application packets that do not include all of the required documents will not be considered. Applications will be accepted from January 15-April 1, 2017. The scholarship recipient will be announced on June 1, 2017.
If you have any questions about the NGCLS, please contact our office at: 630-462-1739 or email.
NGCLS Application Form